Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mochi!!!


If you haven't tried it, you should try MOCHI!
Its a magical product that always makes me happy to cook. You can buy it at Whole Foods in the TOFU section usually. It is a compressed glutenous rice product. The gluten is RICE gluten not WHEAT gluten. All grains have natural proteins, we are cutting out wheat gluten only as this is what many people are allergic to.

Anyway. You slice it up, pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes and they puff up into big malformed puffs of ricey goodness. We dip them in soy sauce and sometimes I bite mine open and stuff them with whatever I am eating. Yum.

For a more lovely explanation check out the brand I buys' site, Grainaissance.

2 comments:

that girl. said...

There are also coupons for 25 cents off on their webpage!

Sol Kawage said...

Wow that looks really yummy and fun!
In Italy it is really hard to find these "strange" foods.
Today I had an advil because the headache was killing me.